October 16-18 – 1Hotel Miami
You’ll find the agenda below. Join us for drinks and canapes at the 1Hotel’s North East Terrace at 7pm On Tuesday 16th. You can register from 5pm – 7pm in the Terra Gallery. Then we’ll get started with the two full days of sessions that you see here. Join us and you can expect to meet and hear from high-profile visionaries, top industry analysts and digital transformation leaders from Bizagi’s most successful customers.
For your teams, we will also have plenty of demonstrations and showcase sessions exploring the latest innovations in Bizagi’s Digital Business Platform.
Join us in the main event lounge for registration, breakfast (the most important meal of the day), and a chance to plan out your first day at Catalyst 18.
Time to kick things off. Bizagi CMO John Webster opens Catalyst 18 and sets out plans for the day ahead, before introducing CEO Gustavo Gomez. Gustavo will kick off the event by highlighting some of the incredible things that customers around the world have achieved using Bizagi – along with the common themes that tie these highly successful programs together.
The Art of Innovation
Guy is the chief evangelist of Canva, Australia’s unicorn company. He is also a Mercedes-Benz brand ambassador and a former chief of Apple. In this presentation, Guy will explain the tactics to make innovation and digital transformation be at the heart of your company, using examples from Apple, ice harvesting (seriously), digital mapping, Mercedes-Benz, Kodak, Polaroid, and Tivo.
The key principles Guy will cover include:
- Jumping to the next curve
- Not worrying, and being scrappy
- Owning niches
- Ignoring naysayers
Delivering Exceptional Customer Experience in Disruptive Times
Customer experience is a key differentiator. Businesses need to keep pace with demands and technology to ensure competitiveness. International banking group Old Mutual know this only too well, so embarked on a business transformation initiative with one aim: to put the customer first.
Join Lorelei Jensen, Head of Strategic Business Solutions, as she talks to Bizagi CEO Gustavo Gomez about the journey Old Mutual has been on including how:
- Old Mutual delivered a 360 view of customer interactions across all channels
- They saw a 15% jump in Net Promoter Score
- The team reduced waiting times and improved customer experience across all channels
Digitally Transform: Delivering Game Changing Profitability
Placing 600,000 people in new jobs every single day, ManpowerGroup needed an IT system that delivers speed, efficiency and productivity. Find out how one of the world’s largest staffing firms digitally transformed their patchwork IT system and automated processes to reduce admin work by 90%.
Hear from Rui Dinis, Director of Finance and Administration, about how:
- ManpowerGroup connected IT systems to enable business growth
- The team increased profitability by 50%
- Bizagi became a philosophy enabling effective business and IT collaboration
Combining RPA and DPA to Accelerate Business Process Improvement
The importance of business process digitization and improvement for organizations making the shift towards digital transformation is paramount, as are the barriers they generally encounter.
Join Shvetal Desai, Co-Founder, Nividous, as he explains and explores:
- The role of robotic process automation in accelerating process improvement
- Detailed understanding of Nividous’ unique approach that combines the power of RPA and DPA to deliver improved and agile business processes
- Use cases to demonstrate how this approach has helped businesses across industries globally
Have an overview of all different products and main features of our digital transformation platform. Learn how to model processes, build and execute process applications.
Demystifying DPA and RPA, Lessons Learned from the Retail Sector
It can be challenging knowing when to implement process automation versus robotic process automation. It often depends on factors such as human intervention, timescales and level of complexity.
Hear from Martin Mertens, a digital transformation practitioner, who has worked with some of the biggest brands in the retail industry, about how:
- A leading sports retail brand connected 500 sales operations with process automation
- How DPA initiatives can help retail and eCommerce organizations get ahead
- To transform supply chains and streamline purchase orders
Robotic Process Automation carries huge opportunities to deliver business agility and powerful results by freeing people from performing repetitive tasks.
RPA and Bizagi help unlock operational efficiency and drive practical value by incorporating them in your business operation, learn how:
- To utilize RPA and Bizagi
- To integrate using Bizagi’s new native RPA integration
- Businesses can use RPA and Bizagi today
Speed, Quality & Process Excellence for a More Agile Business
AgFirst Credit Bank had to develop an agile approach to working to make their loan approval, special asset management and onboarding processes more efficient and keep up with the stringent, ever-changing regulations that surround the finance industry. The solution? Work in two-week agile sprints with customizable business rules to better serve their 20 customer banks.
Hear Bala Sivankoil share how:
- AgFirst processed more loans without increasing headcount
- They dramatically improved the compliance consistency
- The team uses a self-documenting system for faster development cycles
Bizagi and Robotics – Transformation Leaders Panel
Join Citizen’s Bank, Vision Service Plan, Global Lending Services and Lateetud in an exciting panel session to discuss the Bizagi and Robotics Transformation Journeys that these leading organizations are taking within the Financial and Healthcare Insurance industries.
This exciting panel will allow an interactive session with the audience to learn and discuss around:
- Automation opportunities within the Financial and Healthcare Insurance spaces.
- Why choose Bizagi for automation.
- The Lateetud experience. Citizen’s Bank, Vision Service Plan and Global Lending Services experience through partnering with Lateetud.
- Success! Current and expected results of the implementation path to Digital Transformation.
- Adding Robotic Process Automation and Advanced Data Extraction to the transformation mix.
Let the Lateetud team empower you to accomplish your transformation goals!
Learn how to create, configure and use Bizagi Live Processes, a great new functionality that doesn´t require any technical knowledge. Transform a business process into a digital business process.
5 Keys to Success in Delivering Digital Operational Excellence
InnoVelocity is Bizagi’s most experienced US implementation partner, with 20+ successful customer implementations in a variety of industries.
Join Neil Simpson, David Zankowsky, Ray Pineda and Sam Weinstock as they share and discuss 5 practical lessons learned from their experiences implementing operational improvements using Bizagi technology.
Becoming the Responsive Organization to Win More Business
Relying on Excel spreadsheets and email for the pricing approval system was hindering Kyocera, Asia’s largest printer and copier manufacturer. But their digital transformation initiative automated processes to efficiently manage pricing deals, generating millions of euros each year.
Hear Kyohei Shimada, share how:
- Kyocera reduced average process time by 85%
- The company accelerated responses to enable more efficient partnerships and win more deals.
- Bizagi automatically activated the opportunity to purchase by integrating with SAP
Joining the dots – digital outside and inside
Neil Ward-Dutton, Research Director from MWD Advisors will discuss the challenges of digital disruption and how and why organisations need to address them. He’ll introduce the Digital Business Platform, highlighting its importance, not just to digitise and automate operations, but as a source of insight as to the health and strength of your business – a true enabler for continuous improvement.
Creating True Customer Obsession by Digitizing Data
Citizens Bank are reimagining the approach to commercial lending to deliver the most compelling customer experience possible. With a plethora of customer data at their fingertips, they are using digital analytics and RPA to facilitate faster loan approval turnaround times and a dynamic approach to pricing.
Hear Matt Lavoie, Vice President, share how:
- Citizens Bank automated over 50% of their commercial loan portfolio
- Process evolvements delivered increased customer touchpoints
- The team mitigated the risk in customer requests through a formalized workflow tool
We celebrate the work of our partners around the globe who have helped customers on their digital transformation journeys.
Digitize the core to amplify experience
Experiences matter more than ever today; hence enterprises are spending more and more on these initiatives. However, digital beauty is more than skin deep and requires digitizing the core to amplify experience.
Join Himanshu Arora, to learn how:
- Infosys is helping customers to navigate their next steps in their digital transformation journeys
- To focus on building customer value through user generated services
The Future has been Automated
What is your digital ambition and how will you achieve it. This session sets out a forward-looking view on the evolving role of business process management in the delivery on the strategy, on digital transformation and innovation. We wrestle with the core challenge of building engagement to scale DPA take-up within the wider corporation.
Join Derek Miers, Research Director at Gartner, as he explores:
- Working with digital ambition
- Overcoming the barriers to change to design the future (rather than fix the past)
- Achieving effective process reuse to solve the Global-Local conundrum
- What it means for your CoE and organizational maturity
Join us for food and drinks poolside after a day of all things digital transformation. There will be a variety of food stations, including dessert and entertainment. Come party with us!
Dress code: Smart casual with a Miami vibe!
Choice of Fun Run or Yoga Session
Beach Run – 6:30am – 7:30am
A hour is plenty of time to get your heart-rate up and show what maximal efforts, in a short period, can do for the body! This short run down Miami’s beautiful beach will incorporate bodyweight exercises for a total body workout while seeing what Miami’s beaches have to offer.
Your Instructor: Lawrence
Sunrise Yoga – 7:00am – 7:30am
Suited for beginners who are keen to start their day learning something new. This yoga practice incorporates well-designed, engaging sequences with an emphasis on strengthening the body by holding postures and engaging mind to muscle through breath. This 30-minute session will leave you energized for the day.
Your Instructor: Yana
Join us for breakfast and networking ahead of our packed Day 2 agenda!
Maximize Your Workplace Efficiencies, Unlock Your Potential
Bancolombia, the largest commercial bank in Colombia, has a sterling reputation to uphold. They keep their business efficient with an Operational Center of Excellence, which digitizes their core processes. This has made employees more productive, so they can better serve their customers.
Hear Jorge Otalvaro, Vice President of Customer Services, share how:
- Bancolombia identifies hidden bottlenecks, unlocking new potentials within their systems
- Business users implemented new applications to meet customers’ needs
- Bancolombia used process management in real time to verify workloads, accelerating customer response times
In this keynote join us to hear from Steve Tassell, Product Marketing Lead, and the team from Bizagi who will showcase some of the latest product releases and future near-term launches. They will present use cases for key technologies: RPA, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things in providing world-class customer service experiences.
Mitigating Risk by Digitizing Your Operations
Paper-based processes are obsolete and obstruct progress. Leading European insurance provider, Generali CEE Holding, ditched labor-intensive paper processes during its company-wide digitization. This saved time and ensured compliance with ever-changing regulations in their corporate risk underwriting.
Hear Jan Marek, BPM Team Leader, share how:
- Generali automated their audit process to mitigate risk around ever-changing regulations
- The team halved time spent underwriting complex offers while remaining compliant
- The company reduced their insurance claims loss ratio by 5%
Leading Change: Strategies for Implementation Success
Like many organizations, Washington State Department of Retirement Systems is stepping up to the challenge of modernizing its business systems. It is made more complex by the governmental authorizing environment where approval, resources and expectations are driven by comprehensive laws and overseen by policymakers.
Hear how Washington State DRS Director, Tracey Guerin, and her team are:
- Meeting the challenges of a multi-system, multi-year business transformation implementation in a public environment
- Leveraging the value proposition and benefits to lead change with policymakers, agency partners, and stakeholders
- Using lessons learned to capitalize on “next time” opportunities as the transformation advances in the years ahead
Understand how an agile process automation can help your organization to transform into digital business. Learn the benefits of process automation: connecting people, technology, and information; providing an engaging experience; real time monitoring with key performance indicators.
From Paper to Screen: Change Management for the Digital Age
In an industry that has historically shuffled huge volumes of paper for generations, it’s hard to bring a non-technical workforce round to a digital way of working. But Occidental Petroleum digitally transformed their business and got the whole team onboard, bringing visibility and transparency to a complex process.
Hear Randy Volkin, Director, Information Services, share how:
- OXY facilitated speedy decision making in critical situations
- The team reduced paperwork by 80% and moved processes to the cloud
- OXY used automation to establish clear and accessible audit trails
Cognitive Automation, The Future of Work
With access to an ever-flowing fountain of requests and information companies are finding it hard to keep up in the digital age. In this session, we will feature the use of tools like natural language processing, voice to text and machine learning to enhance the human experience in automation.
Join Matt Warta, BP3’s VP of Technology, as he:
- Talks through 3 customer use cases in pharma, banking, and manufacturing
- Showing a demonstration of how you can get started with cognitive automation
Intelligent waste: Using Smart Units for Innovative Refuse Solutions
When 99% of your units are customized, you need a flexible, transparent manufacturing process to meet customer needs. Geesinknorba prides itself on being the world’s most innovative manufacturer of waste management solutions thanks to their Smart Factory and process management. Their automated system fulfills orders quickly and delivers a more intelligent product to customers.
Hear David Arfmann, COO, share how:
- Geesinkonrba increased production efficiency by 45%
- They created a smart factory to deal with the complexity of the manufacturing process
- The team used IoT technology as part of Smart Manufacturing and to continually support customers once the trucks were on their day-to-day routes
Agility in Action: Efficiency that Delights Customers
Being efficient and effective for customers is one of Travelport’s key aims, as it should be for any business. The travel commerce platform aggregates content from thousands of hotels and airlines and uses Bizagi as an agile way to deliver this information to customers through API interfaces.
Hear Alan Zimmerman, Senior Business Process Architect, share how:
- Travelport delighted customers by cutting average enablement time by 75%
- The team saw a 300% increase in customer requests completed daily
- The company completed won more business, seeing ROI from the project in just two months
Enterprise RPA – Accelerating the future of Work
Software robots have a role to play in helping organizations to operate more efficiently and effectively, but many companies are asking how they should think about Process Automation and RPA.
This session, presented by UiPath, industry leader in the RPA space and a new strategic Bizagi partner, will cover the RPA space and key business scenarios driving the massive growth of RPA adoption. It will also cover RPA and DPA from a business perspective, how they complement one another and what to consider when using them together on your road to digital transformation.
Learn how Machine learning, a new out-of-the-box artificial-intelligence feature in Bizagi, allows you to predict results by analyzing information generated by your business. Understand the power of these predictions in your processes helping knowledge workers to make better decisions.
Automating Work for Efficiency and Information Governance – Manual to Automated
A leading international underwriter’s traditional onboarding process was very manual making it inefficient and ripe for error and consisted of multiple disparate systems. The organization wanted to take an agile approach to business and create an IT Catalogue and Center of Excellence to drive transformation.
Hear Neil Klusky, Director, IT Transition & Transformation, share how:
- The team automated manual access reviews which were taking 6 weeks to complete
- The organization was creating 800+ spreadsheets that were being shared around the company
- New solution has been rolled out to 450 managers
Overcoming Legacy Systems: Optimizing Customer Service at Scale
The State of Maryland Workers’ Compensation department strives to get injured workers back to the employment as quickly as possible. But the department handles around 120,000 accident reports a year, so this was no easy feat. Until they digitized and automated core elements of the process…
Hear Art Hebbeler, Enterprise Modernization Manager for the Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission, share how:
- His team is automating communication between 3,000 attorneys, 650 insurers and 230,000 employers across Maryland to improve customer service
- His team digitized 120,000 hard copies of claimants’ forms in just 4 months
- Injured workers got back to work as quickly as possible thanks to the accelerated claims process
In this session Bizagi will showcase how to leverage their AI capability and share insights on typical use cases and how it helps:
- Learn additional customer insights
- Suggest next best action
- Model customer lifetime value
We recognize businesses that have been truly agile, engaging and connected.
Digital Process Automation is the fuel for Digital Transformation
Join Rob Koplowitz as he explores the primary drivers of Digital transformation and the challenges today’s customers overcome with its development within their organizations.
As Principal Analyst serving Application Development & Delivery professionals, Rob has a clear understanding of the direction and how to succeed in this space. Robs session covers his research and guidance to successful deployments
What killed the dinosaurs?
“The times they are a changin’” – Bob Dylan, 1964. In 2006 the top 5 public companies, by market cap, had an average age of 114 yrs. In 2018 the average age of the top 5 is now 28 yrs. What happened? What is happening? This year, this week, today it’s all about Digital Transformation… but what about tomorrow, next week, and next year? What’s beyond Digital Transformation?